Hardwood is a classic flooring choice that never goes out of style. If you want a floor that looks like hardwood but is cheaper and easier to maintain, wood-look vinyl is the perfect option! Homeowners in the greater West Houston and Sugar Land area love wood-look vinyl because it gives them the look of hardwood without the added cost. Learn more about the many different benefits and looks of wood-look vinyl from the experts at Floor Coverings International West Houston below.
What is Vinyl?
While we may associate vinyl floors with the outdated flooring of the past, new advances in technology have made luxury vinyl a very popular flooring choice! 3D printing allows you to use an image of any type of flooring you’d like, with a high-performance clear layer on top. Pick from different hardwood options such as cherry or distressed maple. The “backing” is usually made from felt or foam to provide springiness.
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring
- It is very durable and holds up well to everyday wear and tear.
- Vinyl is water resistant. This means you can install it in any room of the house, including the bathroom.
- While it is unlikely that you’ll need to do so, vinyl is easily replaceable. Just removed the damaged tile and replace it with a new one!
- Vinyl is a very low maintenance floor. Just vacuum and sweep regularly. Mop the floors as needed.
- Like hardwood, you can pick from a wide assortment of sizes and styles of wood!
Wood-Look Vinyl in West Houston
If you’re ready to install wood-look vinyl in your home, give the experts at Floor Coverings International West Houston a call to schedule your free in-home design consultation. Our trained design associates will work with you to select the best wood-look vinyl floor for your unique home and style. We look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Siamnukhathut Purathaka